How TO Apply Driving License Online and Offline?
To drive two-wheeler or four-wheeler legally on the roads, an Indian driver’s license is mandatory. However, a permanent driver’s license can’t be received directly. there’s a separate process for it.
An individual who wants to drive any sort of automobile in India has got to get his/her learner’s license first. A learner’s license is issued for learning. After a month of the issued learner’s license, the person has got to appear for the test ahead of an RTO authority, who upon proper examination, will declare if he/she has passed the exam or not.
Types of DL in India:
Depending on the sort of auto an individual uses, he or she will get a license for it. However, the eligibility requirements for each vehicle type will vary. The list of categories that the driver’s license are often applied for are as follows:
|Motorcycles with engine capacity of 50 cc or less than 50 cc
|Motorcycles with gear, motorcycles with a capacity of 50 cc or more, Light Motor Vehicles (LMVs) including cars
|All Motorcycles types including Motorcycle with gear
|Motorcycles of any cc but with no gears – including scooters and mopeds
|Light Motor Vehicle for non transport purposes
|Light Motor Vehicle intended for commercial purposes
|Heavy Passenger Motor Vehicle (also referred to as All India driving permit for trucks and cars or open licence)
|Heavy Goods Motor Vehicle
|Candidates holding a heavy vehicle driving licence can apply for heavy trailer licence
Eligibility for driver’s license in India:
The eligibility for a driver’s license in India depends on the category of auto and therefore the sort of driver’s license. The eligibility criteria for various permanent driver’s license types in India are given below:
|Type of Permanent Driving licence
|Motorcycles without gear (with a capacity of up to 50 cc)
|The applicant must be at least 16 years old and must have the consent of parent or guardian if he is less than 18 years old.
|Motorcycles with gear
|The applicant should be at least 18 years old.
|Commercial Heavy Vehicles and Transport Vehicles
|The applicant should have completed 8th standard. The applicant must be at least 18 years old (in some states, the minimum age limit is 20 years).
|The applicant must be conversant with traffic regulations and rules. The applicant must have valid age proof and address proof documents.
Document Required for driver’s license:
To ensure that there’s no delay within the application process, the documents that are to be submitted need to be valid and proper. The list of documents required for driver’s license is:
- Age Proof (anyone among the below-given documents):
- Birth Certificate
- PAN Card
- 10th Class mark sheet
Transfer certificate from any school for any class with the date of birth printed thereon.
Proof of Address required for DL:
- Permanent Proof of address:
- Aadhaar Card
- Self-owned house agreement
- Electricity bill (issued in applicants name)
- LIC bond
- Voters ID Card
- Ration card
Current Proof of address:
- Rental agreement and electricity bill
- Rental agreement and LPG bill
Other Requirements for Driving Licence:
- Duly filled form (to get the appliance form for driver’s license, visit the closest RTO or download it from the web
- portal for your state)
- 6 passport sized photographs (when you are applying for Learners Licence)
- 1 passport-sized photograph (when you are applying for a driving license)
- If you’re staying in other cities, as current address proof, you’ll present the rental agreement with one recent utility bill copy which may be a gas bill or bill.
- Medical Certificate – Form 1 A and 1 which is to be issued by a licensed Government doctor
For all applicants over the age of 40 years, a Medical certificate is mandatory.
How To Apply For driver’s license Online?
Applying for a driver’s license online may be a simple process and involves only a couple of steps. attend the official Sarathi website of the Road Transport & Highways Ministry. From the column named “Sarathi Services,” select “New driver’s license .” you’ll be redirected to a replacement website, which can have all the small print about it. Read through the instructions. Download the shape and fill all the specified information.
Process To Fill The driver’s license form Online:
The process for filling out a web application for a Learner’s Licence or driver’s license is as follows:
- Visit the Sarathi website and download the driver’s license form.
- Fill within the form as per the instructions provided on the screen and click on on ‘Submit’.
- In the case of minor applicants, the shape is to be printed out and Part D is to be filled out and signed by the parent/guardian at the closest RTO.
- Upload the documents to be submitted alongside the appliance form (proof aged, proof of address, learner’s license number).
- A Web Application Number is going to be generated after submission, which may be wont to track the status of the appliance.
- Once the appliance has been processed, notifications are going to be sent via SMS.
How to Apply for a driver’s license in RTO or Offline in India?
The procedure to use for a driver’s license in India is extremely simple and easy. The steps given below will assist you to understand the way to apply for a driver’s license offline.
Step 1: The applicant has got to obtain Form 4 which is that the form for an automobile driver’s license in India. the shape is often downloaded from the state transport website. Alternatively, the customer also can visit the closest RTO to acquire Form 4.
Step 2: Completely fill the appliance form and submit it with other documents like age proof and address proof at the RTO within the jurisdiction during which you reside. Also, schedule a slot for the driver’s license test at the RTO and pay the fee for taking the test.
Step 3: Be present at your driver’s license test center at the required time and date. Once you clear the test, your driver’s license is going to be awarded on the spot or is going to be sent to your registered address.
Step 4: Also, if you’re taking a driving lesson from a school, the varsity will assist you to apply for a driver’s license.
Format of driver’s license in India:
The driver’s license in India features a format. allow us to understand this particular format by using an appropriate example:
Let us say that you simply stay in Bangalore and therefore the vehicle you own has the license plate number KA-01-2009-0004558 (reference use only).
- The first two characters KA indicate the state where the vehicle is registered. during this example, it’s Karnataka.
01 is that the city code.
- 2009 is that the year when the license was printed and given to the user.
The following digits form the unique number for the user.
Test Procedure for driver’s license in India:
You must undergo a driver’s license which can test your driving skills and knowledge of road rules & signals and pass the test to urge your driver’s license. Here are a number of the details regarding the driver’s license test procedure in India:
- You can apply for a permanent driver’s license after 30 days from the date of issuance of Learners licence. the appliance for permanent driver’s license must be filed within 180 days from the difficulty date of Learners licence.
- Submit all relevant documents (including driver’s license test slot booking slip if you’ve got booked the slot online) and pay the fees for taking the driver’s license test at the designated counter. Get the receipt and approach the allotted track cabin to require the test.
- You must be present face to face for the driver’s license test a minimum of an hour before the allotted time. you’ll need to take a test before or along side the automobile Inspector (MVI) at the designated track.
- Different states have different test tracks and procedures. Generally, for 2 wheelers, you’ll be asked to drive a two wheeler during a path designed in shape of number 8. Also, the automobile Inspector will check if you’re using indicators and relevant hand signals while driving. you’ll need to trace the form of number 8 in your vehicle without your legs touching the bottom .
- For a four wheeler driver’s license , the automobile Inspector will ask you to ride the car during a track and can note your skills. you want to show proper hand signals, use the indicator and apply brakes wherever necessary. Also, shift the gears smoothly and use side & rear view mirrors while driving.
How long does it fancy get the driver’s license after passing the test?
To avail a driver’s license test, you want to follow a particular procedure:
- You must fill the web form and take a meeting at the RTO office for your learning test. a couple of multiple choice questions are going to be asked during your test at the RTO. you’ll find a good range of questions on the web site , which could be asked during your learning licence test. Once you pass that test, you’ll receive a receipt. With this receipt, you’ll need to collect your learning licence.
- After one month has passed from the date of issuance of your learning licence, you’ll need to take a meeting for a driving test. During this test, the questions which will be asked are going to be associated with the vehicle that you’re getting the licence (two wheeler/four wheeler). Once you pass this exam too, you’ll get a receipt. This particular receipt will function your driver’s license till the time you receive the important driver’s license by speed post.
What to try to to if your driver’s license is Lost?
Every driver in India must have a driver’s license . Without this document you’re not allowed to drive within the country. If you lose your driver’s license , you’ll need to apply for a replica one to be ready to drive.
Things to try to to if you lost your Driving Licence:
Go to the police headquarters that has jurisdiction over the world where you lose your driver’s license .
Lodge a complaint and confirm you get a replica of the primary Information Report (FIR).
Visit the Notary office to urge an affidavit on a stamped paper. The affidavit will act as a symbol that you simply took an oath before the concerned officer (executive magistrate/notary public/first class judicial magistrate) that your licence is lost.
You will need to pay alittle fee for the notary service and therefore the stamped paper.
How Does The International Driving Permit In India Works?
An international driver’s license is issued to a resident Indian who holds a legitimate Indian driver’s license . a world driving permit (IDP) allows an Indian citizen to drive automobile during a foreign country. The international driving permit (IDP) has multiple language translation of the prevailing driver’s license and is analogous to a passport in appearance. Though the method for obtaining an IDP varies from state to state, the overall process flow is mentioned below.
The application process for a world driver’s license varies from state to state. Do get in-tuned with the closest RTO or your State Transport department to understand the entire application process and therefore the list of documents required.
Why does one need a driver’s license in India?
Apart from the very fact that an individual must hold a driver’s license to legally drive a automobile in India, the uses of a driver’s license are many. Here are a number of the explanations on why you would like a driver’s license in India.
Important Document of private Identification:
Often, while travelling or visiting a pub, you’re asked to display an ID. At now , most folks conveniently reach our wallets to tug our driving licences. So, another rather important purpose which a driver’s license fulfils is as a widely known sort of personal identification. Among other documents like passports, PAN cards, Voter ID Cards, Aadhar Cards, driving licences too are a widely accepted sort of personal identification.
Make Commuting Easier:
Commuting lately is a particularly stressful activity. Using conveyance won’t be everyones cup of tea. Also, owning a vehicle provides you with the liberty of being mobile, as and once you need. Considering that, if you would like to get a car or motorbike to commute, you’ll got to obtain a driver’s license before doing so.
Compulsory Legal Requirement:
If you would like to drive, in India or maybe abroad, you’re required to carry a legitimate driver’s license to try to to so. A driver’s license is a crucial document indicating your ability to work or drive a motorised vehicle.
Driving Licence Valid As ID Proof For Exchanging Old Notes:
After the PM announced a ban on Rs.500 and Rs.1000 notes, people are rushing to the banks to exchange their old notes. once you attend exchange your old Rs.500 and Rs.1000 notes, you’ll show your driver’s license as identity proof. Please note that the first document has got to be shown at the counter while exchanging the notes.
Know more about driver’s license:
How to apply for a driver’s license online?
To drive in India, one must have a driver’s license (DL). Earlier, people had to go to the RTO of their area and substitute queues to use for a DL. Now, people can apply online on the web site of the RTO (Regional Transport Office) of their state or Union Territory. driver’s license is additionally important because it’s considered a legitimate identity proof in India. the web application process is straightforward , quick and other people can book appointments for his or her driving test online. To apply, applicants need to fill Form 9, which is split into 5 categories and submit it along side the specified documents. Before applying for a driver’s license , applicants need to apply for a learner’s licence, which they will do online on the Sarathi website.
Duplicate driver’s license in India:
Driving licence (DL) is a crucial document in India because it gives citizens the permission to drive and at an equivalent time acts as a legitimate identity proof. If people lose their driver’s license , they will easily get a replica DL from the RTO (Regional Transport Office) that issued it. People can apply for a replica DL online or directly at the RTO. To apply, they need to fill the appliance form for availing a replica DL and submit it at the RTO along side the specified documents.
Traffic Fines: Offences and Penalties in India:
In India, when people violate traffic rules, they’re going to be penalised for an equivalent . The road rules in India came in effect from 1989 under the name ‘Rules of the Road Regulation’. it’s compulsory for each driver in India to follow these rules. Violating or breaking them may be a serious offence as per the traffic rules and traffic fines and therefore the automobile Act of India. Get more information about the offences associated with documents, driving, road marking, vehicle number plates, horn, etc., and penalties charged for them.
If you would like to urge a driver’s license in India, you’ve got to first apply for a learner’s licence. it’s a provisional licence that’s issued by the Regional Transport Office (RTO). to urge this licence, people must have a thought about road rules and pass the web test. Learner’s licence is issued by the RTO on the idea of auto class. to use for this licence, people need to refill the appliance form, which is split into two sections and submit it along side the specified documents and costs . People can apply for a learner’s licence online on the RTO websites.
Driving Licence Test:
When you apply for a driver’s license (DL) in India, you’ll be ask to seem for a driving test. The results of this test will decide if you’ll get a driver’s license or not. People can book a meeting for driver’s license test on the RTO website.. While booking the appointment, they will choose a slot that’s suitable for them from the list of obtainable time slots. For the test, the tracks vary counting on the sort of auto and drivers are judged on various parameters. If drivers fail the test, they’re going to need to reappear for it.
Driving Licence Fees in India:
The fee structure for a learner’s licence include:
- Fee for Form 3 – Rs.30.
- Fee for Form 6 – Rs.40.
- The road safety cess fee – Rs.50.
The fee structure for a permanent driver’s license include:
- The driver’s license test fee – Rs.100.
- Fee for form 7 (or smart card) – Rs.200.
- The driver’s license grant fee – Rs.40.
- The road safety cess for a license for 2-wheeler, with/without gear – Rs.100.
- The road safety cess for a license for light automobiles (non-transport) – Rs.150.
- The road safety cess for a license for light automobiles (transport) – Rs.200.
- The road safety cess for a license for medium and heavy motor vehicles– Rs.500.
The fee for a world driver’s license include:
The issue of the international driver’s license – Rs.500.
How To Check The driver’s license Status?
Go to the official website of the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways.
On the portal, enter your application number and date of birth. Click on the submit button.
Now, the driver’s licence status is displayed.
Note: It takes a maximum of three weeks for the license to be delivered by post. Hence, confirm to possess your ID proof handy while receiving it because the authoritative person will invite it before delivering it to you.
View your news on Google News or contact our team