What is a Voter ID Card?
The primary purpose of this card is to enhance the accuracy of the electoral roll and to assist prevent cases of electoral fraud. Additionally, it also is identification proof when individuals cast their votes. This card is usually known by other names like an election card, voter’s card, Voter ID, etc.
What is Epic Number in Voter ID Card?
EPIC (Electors Photo Identity Card) number is that the voter ID number issued by the committee of India (ECI). The EPIC number works as identity proof for all Indians who are above the age of 18. It also allows Indian nationals to cast votes in various elections conducted within the country. The EPIC number is often found on the voter ID card. It’s right above the highest of your photo on your voter identification card.
How to Apply for Voter ID Card ( Registration Process):
Voter ID Card Online:
- Form 6 will got to be filled. Voters who have moved from another constituency and first-time voters also will be got to fill this type.
- In the case of an NRI Voter, Form 6A will be got to be filled.
- In the case of Deletion of Objection within the electoral roll, Form 7 will be got to be filled.
- In case of any change in gender, sort of relation, name of a relative, age, date of birth, address, EPIC Number, age, photo, and name, Form 8 will got to be filled.
- Form 8A will be got to be filled just in case you’re shifting from one residence to a different one within the same constituency.
Voter ID Card Offline:
- You will get to fill in two copies of Form 6. the shape is out there at the offices of Booth Level Officers and Electoral Registration Officers/Assistant Electoral Registration Officers. the shape is out there freed from cost.
- When you visit the Electoral Registration Officer/Assistant Electoral Registration Officer, the forms that you are filled and documents those needed must be provided. you’ll also send them via post to the Booth Level Officer.
- In case of any queries, you’ll call 1950.
Election Commission issued Digital Voter ID Card:
25 January was celebrated as National Voters’ Day and this year, the committee of India (ECI) had launched digital voter ID cards. this is often referred to as an Electronic Electoral Photocard (e-EPIC).
It will be available in PDF format and therefore the e-EPIC is extremely almost like thee-Aadhaar. you ought to note that this can’t be edited.
If you’ve got lost your voter ID card, you’ll easily download the duplicate card. A fee of Rs.25 is going to be charged for this.
The process to Download committee Rolls out Digital Voter ID Card:
- Step 1: Visit the website, voterportal.eci.gov.in.
- Step 2: Create your account by entering the specified details.
- Step 3: Then, log into the account and click on on ‘Download e-EPIC’.
- Step 4: Type your EPIC number or the reference number.
- Step 5: you’ll get an OTP to your registered mobile number.
- Step 6: Select ‘Download EPIC’. If the mobile number that has been mentioned on your card is different, then you’ll be got to complete the Know Your Customer (KYC) process then download the voter ID card.
- If you’ve got misplaced your e-EPIC number, then, you’ll check for it at voterportal.eci.gov.in.
Your digital voter ID card is often generated through the mobile voter app.
- Download the app from the app store and follow the instructions mentioned within the app.
Documents Required for Voter ID Card:
- Election Card
- While applying for a Voters ID, you’ve got to submit the subsequent documents:
- identity Proof.
- Address Proof.
Voter ID Card Eligibility:
In order to use for/obtain a Voter’s ID card, individuals must conform to the subsequent criteria:
- You must be an Indian citizen.
- Applicant must not be below 18 years.
- Permanent address.
- You must be a resident of the polling area of the constituency where you would like to be enrolled.
- You might not be disqualified as an elector.
Track Voter ID Application Status Online:
The step-by-step procedure to trace your Voter ID application status online is mentioned below:
- Visit https://www.nvsp.in/.
- Click on ‘Track Application Status.
- Type your Reference ID and click on on ‘Track Status’.
- The details are going to be displayed on the subsequent page.
What to try to do if your Voter ID card isn’t received?
If the voter id verification process is taking time and you haven’t received the cardboard after the appliance, you’re recommended to go to the DEO together with your reference number.
How to Verify Voter ID?
Individuals can verify the Voter ID by checking the small print on the Electoral Roll. you’ll visit the official website of the National Voters Services Portal and click on on ‘Search in Electoral Roll’. you’ll either provide various personal details or check the Electoral Roll by providing the EPIC Number.
How to vote without a Voter ID Card?
To be eligible to choose India, an individual has got to register himself or herself as a registered voter. The person can either register for an equivalent offline or can visit the committee website and obtain registered there. If the person is already a registered voter, then he or she will vote without the voter ID card. the subsequent list of documents are accepted just in case the person doesn’t have his or her voter ID:
- Driving license
- Your office Identity Cards with photographs rolls out to employees by Central, State Govt, Public Sector, Public Limited Companies.
- Passbooks with photographs issued by a post office or a bank.
- PAN card
- Aadhar card
- Smart Card published by Registrar General of India (RGI) under the National Population Register
- Pension order with a photograph
- MNREGA (Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act Job Card).
- Health Insurance revolving credit issued under the scheme of the Ministry of Labour
- Official identity cards published to MPs, MLCs, MLAs, etc.
How to change an old voter ID Card to a new one?
With the govt. arising with the concept of e-EPIC voter ID, folks that possess the old voter IDs can get the new one by logging on to the national voters’ service portal using the username and password. you’d wish to register yourself first before having the facility to use the power to download the e-EPIC.
How to correct details within the Voter ID Card?
In case, you’d wish to form necessary changes within the voter ID, you’ll do so by visiting the online national voters’ service portal or by visiting the closest election office. so on from the specified changes, you’ll follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1 – Visit nvsp.in
- Step 2 – Login with your username and password
- Step 3 – Fill out ‘Form 8’
- Step 4 – Submit it in conjunction with the supporting documents
- Step 5 – Once it’s done, the Electoral Registration Officer (ERO) will process the appliance.
NRI Voter ID Card
Non-residential Indians can also have the right to vote. they’re going to cast their vote if they’re present within the country and at their constituency when elections are held. so on avail of the voter ID, they’re going to apply for it either online or offline.
Fields Included during a Voter ID Card:
The Voter ID that’s issued by the committee of India to all or any or any eligible Voters comprises of the below-mentioned fields:
- A hologram sticker.
- Serial number.
- Photograph of the cardholder.
- Name of elector/cardholder.
- Card holder’s parent’s Name.
- Card holder’s gender.
- Elector’s / card holder’s age as on the date of issue of the cardboard.
- The individual’s complete address is mentioned on the rear side of the cardboard in conjunction with the authority’s signature.
Uses of a Voter ID Card:
The Voter ID is often used for the below-mentioned purposes:
- The card is an accepted kind of identity.
- The Voter ID Card acts as an acknowledgment that the cardholder could also be a registered voter.
- The card includes several identifications features a bit like the applicant’s signature, photograph, fingerprints, etc., which give added assurance for the cardholder.
- In case of an election, the cardboard carries provisions (by way of marking) to prevent the holder from voting multiple times.
- The Voter ID card is often designed to suit the electoral requirements of a population with a coffee literacy population.
- It is especially helpful as a kind of identification for voters with no fixed address.
The necessity of Voter ID (Election Card):
The Voter ID Card may be a crucial document for Indian citizens for a selection of reasons. variety of them are:
- Proof of Identity – The Voter ID card may be a crucial document for Indian citizens because it’s going to be a legitimate kind of identification proof. The Voter ID card is accepted at various offices and institutions that require the individual to furnish a legitimate kind of identification. Also, most government-run agencies, insurance providers, claim firms, mortgage providers like banks ask applicants to provide a Voter ID number so on process their request.
- Casting Votes – The Voter ID card is vital if you’d wish to cast your vote during any election. If you hold a legitimate Voter ID card and your name is present within the electoral roll of your local area, you’ll cast your vote.
- Registration in Electoral Roll Of a Non-Domicile State – The Voter ID serves yet another purpose of allowing individuals to register their name within the electoral roll of a state apart from their state of domicile. this is often especially helpful if a private has migrated from another state and wishes to enroll within the electoral list of his local area/constituency.
Things to remain in mind while applying for a replacement Voter ID (Epic Card):
Voter ID is one of the foremost important documents needed for Indian citizens because it enables them to carry out their voting duty. Voting is that the inspiration of a democratic country and it’s imperative for every individual to undertake to do so. There are certain things to remain in mind before applying for a voter ID.
- Applicants will be got to be above the age of 18 because it’s legally impossible for them to vote otherwise.
They should be of sound mind and can not be bankrupt.
- They should fill out the relevant forms like Form 6 for application and confirm that they provide relevant original documents.
- Individuals should apply for a Voter ID only through government websites or centers or people that are approved by the govt., otherwise, they might just receive a fake document.
- Individuals should confirm that each detail in their application forms is correct, just like the spelling of their name, birth date, and so on. If this is often not corrected within the start, their Voter ID will have the wrong information printed thereon.
- Applicants should also confirm that the knowledge that’s being provided is legally correct and is not fake.
Once applicants receive their Voter ID, they go to wish to see the document to determine if all the knowledge is correct.
Customer Care Support for voter id:
Address: Nirvachan Sadan, Ashoka Road, New Delhi 110001
EPABX: 23052205, 23052212, 23052146, 23052148, 23052150
Faxline: 23052219, 23052162/63/19/45
Control Room: 23052220, 23052221