The global food sterilization equipment market is witnessing significant momentum, driven by the growing consumer preference for canned and processed foods and increasing concerns about food safety. With the modern consumers’ reliance on convenience foods on the rise, there is a substantial surge in demand for packaged goods and ready-to-drink beverages, highlighting the need for safety and driving the demand for food sterilization equipment.
For More Industry Insights Read: https://www.fairfieldmarketresearch.com/report/food-sterilization-equipment-market
Manufacturers across various industries are actively seeking equipment that enhances operational effectiveness, reduces costs, increases uptime, and requires minimal energy and space. In response, leading sterilization equipment suppliers such as JBT Corporation and Allpax Products are focusing on offering automation solutions to the processed food industry. The food processing industry is experiencing dynamic changes due to the rising demand for better food quality, sustainability, and safety, leading to increased investments in sterilization equipment to comply with strict government standards and prolong product shelf life.
The COVID-19 pandemic had a significant impact on the food sterilization equipment industry, as consumers turned to processed foods due to heightened concerns about food safety. The pandemic led to the establishment of extensive safety guidelines by food authorities, resulting in the implementation of measures such as social segregation, cleanliness, and sanitization in workplaces, acting as an efficient defense against the virus. As regulations for food safety tightened, companies embraced transparency and plain labels, supporting the global clean label movement and driving the demand for food sterilization equipment.
The rising prevalence of foodborne illnesses caused by allergens and pathogens in food products is a key driver of the food sterilization equipment market. According to the World Health Organization, nearly 1 in 10 people worldwide, approximately 600 million individuals, fall sick every year due to consuming contaminated food, leading to approximately 420,000 deaths, including 125,000 children under five. This growing health consciousness has made consumers more cautious about the safety of the food they consume, leading to an increased demand for food sterilization equipment.
Growing baby food consumption is another significant driver, as children under five are more susceptible to infections and foodborne illnesses due to their developing immune systems and reduced production of stomach acid. This age group accounts for approximately 40% of foodborne disease occurrences, emphasizing the importance of sterilization equipment in baby food production.
While the food sterilization equipment market is poised for growth, certain challenges must be addressed. The high installation costs of industrial refrigeration systems, along with potential health hazards associated with refrigerants like ammonia, demand careful consideration and investment in safety equipment. Additionally, routine maintenance, staff training, and high energy costs contribute to the overall operating expenses of food sterilization equipment, influencing the pace of market growth.
The food sterilization equipment market is divided into batch and continuous sterilization in terms of process segmentation. Batch sterilization, offering cost-effectiveness, simple manual control, and reduced risk of contamination, is anticipated to hold a significant share of the total revenue by 2025. Conversely, continuous sterilization equipment is expected to grow at a significant CAGR, driven by quicker heating and cooling cycles, which decrease sterilization time and expenses.
The technology segment of the food sterilization equipment market includes heat, steam, radiation, chemical, filtration, and others. Steam sterilization, being cost-effective, easy to use, adaptable, and environmentally friendly, is predicted to represent 30% of total revenue by 2025. However, irradiation foods are gaining popularity due to their improved taste and increased safety and shelf life.
The Asia Pacific region, with its powerful economies such as India, China, Japan, and Australia, is expected to drive significant growth in the food sterilization equipment market. The region benefits from increased canned food consumption, rising consumer expenditure on ready meals, and a growing health-conscious population. In contrast, North America and Europe face challenges due to strict government regulations on canned food labeling and packaging, coupled with consumer preferences for organic and healthy food.
Leading companies in the food sterilization equipment market include JBT Corporation (US), Bühler (Switzerland), Cosmed Group (US), Ventilex (Netherlands), Surdry (Spain), Steriflow (France), Allpax (US), Hisaka (Japan), Systec (Germany), De Lama (Italy), Raphanel (Spain), Sun Sterifaab (India), and International Sonomecanics (US).
The global food sterilization equipment market is experiencing significant momentum as consumer preferences evolve, leading to an increased demand for safety and convenience foods. With companies focusing on innovative solutions to meet strict standards and ensure product safety, the market is expected to witness sustained growth in the foreseeable future.
The study on the Global Food Sterilization Equipment Market includes the following key elements:
- Food Sterilization Equipment Market by Product/Technology/Grade, Application/End-user, and Region: The market is analyzed based on different product types, technologies, grades, applications, end-users, and geographical regions to understand the market landscape comprehensively.
- Executive Summary (Opportunity Analysis and Key Trends): A concise summary providing an overview of the market opportunities and highlighting the key trends observed in the food sterilization equipment industry.
- Historical Market Size and Estimates, Value, 2018 – 2022: Analysis of historical market data, including market size and value, from 2018 to 2022, to provide insights into past trends and growth patterns.
- Market Value at Regional and Country Level, 2023 – 2030: Projections of market value at both regional and country levels for the forecast period 2023 to 2030, enabling a clear understanding of future growth prospects.
- Market Dynamics and Economic Overview: Examination of the market dynamics, including drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges influencing the food sterilization equipment market. Additionally, an economic overview helps to understand the market’s impact on the broader economy.
- Market Size in Value, Growth Rates, and Forecast Figures, 2023 – 2030: Detailed analysis of the market size in terms of value, growth rates, and forecast figures for the period 2023 to 2030.
- Competitive Intelligence with Financials, Key Developments, and Portfolio of Leading Companies: In-depth study of key players in the market, including their financials, recent developments, and product portfolios, to assess their market position and competitive strategies.
- Regional and Product/Grade/Application/End-user Price Trends Analysis: Examination of regional and product/grade/application/end-user price trends to understand pricing dynamics and their impact on market growth.
- Value Chain and Five Force’s Analysis: Evaluation of the food sterilization equipment market’s value chain and analysis of Porter’s Five Forces to identify factors influencing market competitiveness.
- Regional/Sub-region/Country Market Size and Trend Analysis: A detailed analysis of the market size and trends at the regional, sub-regional, and country levels to identify growth opportunities in specific geographic areas.
- Company Market Share Analysis and Key Player Profiles: An assessment of market share held by key players in the industry and comprehensive profiles of these leading companies to understand their strategies and competitive positioning.