QuickBooks payroll service helps employers manage their employee records, generate paychecks, and manage tax deductions in compliance with the federal tax table. But the users sometimes have to face trouble while using the payroll service due to unexpected issues in the software. QuickBooks Error 15311 occurs during payroll update and stops users from updating the service. If your QuickBooks fails to download the payroll update due to this error, keep reading further to discover the causes of this error and the approach necessary to rectify it.
Get in touch with a team of QB experts at 1-855-856-0042 for easy troubleshooting ideas to deal with error.
The causes of this error hindering the payroll updates in QuickBooks are given below-
- The Digital Signatures of QuickBooks cannot be verified, which leads to payroll update failure.
- Incorrect service key or EIN has been entered in QuickBooks.
- Inaccurate time and date on the system clock cause trouble in the internet connection.
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6175
You can rectify this payroll error in your QuickBooks using the techniques mentioned underneath-
Solution 1- Install the Digital Certificates manually
Digital Signatures are a two-way authentication method used to check the credibility of the files shared over the internet. The e-signatures are embedded in the data from the sender’s end, and the receiver system verifies them to ensure no unauthorized attempt has been made to harm or steal the data. QuickBooks payroll update will fail if the verification of these digital signatures fails. To make the update successful, you need to install the certificates manually, as shown in the steps below-
- Open file explorer (Windows + E) on your PC.
- Go to C:\Program files\intuit\QuickBooks and find QBW32.exe file inside the folder.
- Right-click on the QBW32.exe file and tap Properties.
- Navigate to the Digital Signature tab and make sure that Intuit.inc checkbox is marked.
- Go to the Detail window and click the View Certificate option.
- Click on the Install Certificate option in the next window.
- Tap Next and finally, Finish.
- Reopen QuickBooks, then attempt to download the payroll changes once more.
If the error blocks the payroll updates in your QuickBooks again, try the next solution.
Solution 2- Fix the date & time in your system’s clock
When you browse the internet, websites and servers sync the timings with the system clock. The internet connection is affected if the system clock is inaccurate. Intuit servers also try to get in sync with the system clock. If the clock isn’t set, the payroll update will fail due to network connection issues. It would be best if you fixed the timings of the system clock using these steps-
- Right-click on the clock on the taskbar’s bottom right.
- Select the Adjust date/time option from the pop-up list.
- In the next window, you can either choose the Set time automatically option or set the time manually.
- Retry payroll updates in QuickBooks after the system clock is set accurately.
The payroll update won’t face any problems after you apply the techniques.
This brings us to the end of our blog sharing details of QuickBooks Error 15311. You read the reasons for its development and the effective methods to eliminate it from your PC. We hope the solutions are easy to execute and helped you rectify the payroll update issue from your QuickBooks.
Speak to a QB support representative at 1-855-856-0042 if you face any problems executing the methods.
You May Read Also: How to QuickBooks Sync Manager Error