When you try to update QuickBooks or when installing the software, the error 1328 in QuickBooks frequently appears. It frequently comes with an error message that looks like this:
“Error 1328. Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PT**.TMP. System error: [file path].”
Why QuickBooks Update Error Code 1328 Occurs
Numerous factors can contribute to QuickBooks Update Error Code 1328 The error message often indicates that a file update encountered a problem and may contain the following information:
- QuickBooks Error Code 1328 can occur for a number of reasons, one of which is file corruption. Different things, like faulty shutdowns, power outages, or problems with storage devices, might cause it.
- Incomplete Installation/Update: If a prior QuickBooks installation or update was not successfully completed, Error 1328 may appear when attempting to install a new update or version.
- Insufficient Permissions: It’s possible that the user account attempting to update QuickBooks does not have enough rights to change the installation directory’s files.
- Error 1328 can occasionally be brought on by firewall or antivirus software blocking or interfering with the QuickBooks update procedure.
- Conflict with Third-Party Software: QuickBooks may clash with other programs or programs operating on the computer, resulting in an error.
- Outdated Windows Operating System: Using an old version of Windows could prevent QuickBooks updates from working properly.
- Configuration issues.Problems with the Configuration in the msi Folder. Error 1328 during the installation process can be brought on by the msi folder.
- Network disruptions or connectivity issues may cause the error if you are installing or updating QuickBooks in a multi-user environment.
- QuickBooks Error 1328 may appear during the installation process if the QuickBooks installation file is corrupted or the download was not complete.
- Problems with the QuickBooks Database Manager might occasionally interfere with the installation or update process and result in an error.
Troubleshooting Techniques To Fix QuickBooks Error 1328
You can try the following troubleshooting techniques to fix QuickBooks Error 1328:
Step 1: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- The “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool” can be downloaded and executed from the official Intuit website.
- The program will automatically find and correct problems with the QuickBooks installation.
Step 2: Rename Config.Msi Folder
- To launch File Explorer, hit the “Windows + E” buttons on your keyboard.
- Visit the following place: C:\Config.Msi
- Add “.old” to the end of the folder name (e.g., Config.Msi.old) by right-clicking the “Config.Msi” folder and choosing “Rename.”
- Snap File Explorer shut.
Recommended to read:- QuickBooks Payroll Error PS060
Step 3: Manually Update QuickBooks (if applicable)
- If the error happened while you were updating QuickBooks, you might try updating the program manually.
- The most recent QuickBooks update can be downloaded from the official Intuit website.
- Install the update and adhere to the prompts on the screen.
Step 4: Disable Antivirus/Firewall (temporary)
- Disable your firewall and antivirus programs for the time being.
- Error 1328 could be brought on by security software interfering with QuickBooks upgrades.
Step 5: Perform a Clean Install of QuickBooks (if necessary)
- You can conduct a clean installation of QuickBooks if the error continues. In this procedure, QuickBooks is uninstalled, the installation directories are renamed, and then the program is reinstalled.
- Please be aware that carrying out a clean install needs caution and can include backing up your organization’s files and settings. you prevent any data loss or issues, it’s critical you adhere to Intuit’s guidelines or get advice from a trained QuickBooks ProAdvisor.
It’s always a good idea to make a backup of your QuickBooks company file before doing any of the following steps to safeguard the security of your data.
What Does QuickBooks Error Code 1328 Indicate?
QuickBooks Update Error Code 1328 typically indicates an issue related to the installation or updating process of QuickBooks software. This error can occur when there is a problem with the configuration or modification of certain files during the update or installation procedure.
The error message associated with QuickBooks Error Code 1328 usually reads:
“Error 1328. Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PTxx.tmp.”
Where “xx” represents a specific number that can vary depending on the circumstances.
Some common reasons for encountering QuickBooks Error Code 1328 include:
- Incomplete or interrupted installation or update process.
- Corruption or damage to QuickBooks files during the update.
- Issues with the network or computer hardware that prevent successful updates.
- Interference from third-party security software blocks the update.
- Improper shutdown or system crash during the update.
To resolve Error Code 1328, you can try the following steps:
- Use the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool: This tool can automatically detect and fix installation-related issues.
- Manually Repair QuickBooks: Go to the Control Panel, select “Programs and Features,” find QuickBooks in the list, and click “Repair.”
- Perform a Clean Install: Uninstall QuickBooks, rename installation folders and reinstall the software to ensure a clean installation.
- Temporarily Disable Security Software: Temporarily disable antivirus or firewall software and attempt the update again.
Before attempting any troubleshooting steps, it’s essential to create a backup of your company file and make sure you have a recent backup copy to safeguard your data.
If you encounter difficulties in resolving QuickBooks Error Code 1328, it is advisable to reach out to QuickBooks Support for further assistance and guidance. They can provide specific solutions based on your system and error details to help you resolve the issue effectively.
Recommended to read:- How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 82
View your news on Google News or contact our team