About APEDA Registration
APEDA is a non-profit organization established by the Indian government in 1985 to facilitate the export of agricultural and processed food products from India. The organization comes under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry and is headquartered in New Delhi, India. The main objective of APEDA is to enhance and develop India’s export potential in agricultural and processed food products. The organization also operates as a coordinating agency for the export-oriented production and development of various agricultural commodities.
APEDA operates under the aegis of the Export (Quality Control and Inspection) Act, 1963, and its rules and regulations. It regulates the quality of agricultural products meant for export, including fresh and processed fruits and vegetables, poultry and meat products, dairy products, and honey.
APEDA (Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority) is a government organization that encourage the export of agricultural and processed food products from India. APEDA registration is mandatory for any individual or organization that wishes to export agricultural and processed food products from India.
Features of APEDA
- It regulates the quality of agricultural products meant for export, including fresh and processed fruits and vegetables, poultry and meat products, dairy products, and honey.
- It provides financial assistance, market research, and trade promotion activities to exporters to promote Indian products in global markets.
- It supports the development of new products and processes in the agriculture and food processing industries.
- It provides market intelligence to exporters to help them identify new markets and understand the demand for their products in different regions.
- It conducts training and capacity-building programs for farmers, exporters, and other stakeholders in the agriculture and food processing industries.
- It works in close collaboration with various stakeholders in the agriculture and food processing industries.
Benefits of APEDA Registration
Here are some benefits of APEDA registration:
- Market Promotion: APEDA helps in promoting the export of agricultural and processed food products from India by organizing trade fairs, exhibitions, and buyer-seller meets in India and abroad.
- Financial Assistance: APEDA provides financial assistance to registered members for various activities, such as setting up modern packaging and processing facilities, market development, quality improvement, and research and development.
- Trade Dispute Resolution: APEDA provides assistance in resolving trade disputes related to the export of agricultural and processed food products.
- Market Research: APEDA conducts market research and provides information on global trends, demand, and prices for agricultural and processed food products to registered members.
- Quality Control: APEDA helps in maintaining the quality and standards of agricultural and processed food products through its quality control and certification programs.
- Access to Government Schemes: APEDA registered members have access to various government schemes and programs related to export of agricultural and processed food products.
- Brand Promotion: APEDA promotes Indian agricultural and processed food products through its brand promotion campaigns in India and abroad.
- Networking: APEDA facilitates networking among registered members, exporters, importers, and other stakeholders in the agricultural and processed food product industry.
List of Products under the APEDA
- Fruits, vegetables, and related products
- Meat and meat products
- Dairy products like milk, cheese, cottage cheese, etc
- Cereal and cereal products
- Sugar, honey, and jaggery
- Poultry and poultry products like chicken and eggs
- Biscuits and bakery products and confectionery
- Pickles, papad, and chutneys
- De-oiled rice bran
- Herbal and medicinal plants
- Cocoa-based products and chocolates
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Groundnuts, peanuts, walnuts, and dry fruits
How to register for APEDA?
Here’s how you can register with APEDA:
- Visit the APEDA website
- Fill in the registration form with your personal and business details, including your name, address, contact information, and information about your business.
- Provide information about the products you wish to export, including the product name, category, variety, and quantity.
- Upload the required documents, including your business registration certificate, PAN card, GST registration certificate, and bank details.
- Pay the registration fee, which varies depending on the category of your business.
- Once your application is processed, you will receive a registration certificate from APEDA.
Document required for APEDA
- Business Registration Certificate
- PAN Card
- Aadhar Card
- GST Registration Certificate
- Bank Account Details
- Product Details
- Trademark Certificate
- Import-export code
- quality control certificates
Read More – Tipsnsolution