QuickBooks errors are ridiculously frustrating to resolve. An error where QuickBooks missing pdf component stops you from utilizing the PDF and printing feature. Due to this issue, you possibly can’t save a file in the form of a PDF because of the missing component. So, by reading this article, you should dig deeper to learn & understand the factors that are behind it. Moreover, also lean to resolve this error effectively.
In case you are looking for expert help to handle this issue more professionally. Call at 1.855.738.2784 now!!
Notice the Signs to Identify Missing PDF Components in QuickBooks Program
The following are the prevalent causes that are to be considered behind the issue.
- When the Adobe Reader application in the system is missing or broken.
- When the Adobe Reader program version you are using is old.
- In case the QuickBooks Desktop is outdated.
- When you accidentally switch off MS XPS Document Writer in Windows OS.
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 15222
3 Quick Ways to Brilliantly Rectify QuickBooks Desktop Missing PDF Component
Following are the solution to troubleshoot the problems related to when you can’t print, email, or save as a PDF from the QB application
Solution 1: Employing the QB PDF & Print Repair Tool
- Now, if you do not have QuickBooks Tool Hub downloaded in your system, then do it.
- Start to download the QB Too Hub & save the file in the system.
- Then, open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file & by following all the steps instructed to you, install the Tool Hub.
- After that, open the QB Tool Hub and choose Program Problems.
- Then, under it, choose PDF & Print Repair Tool & run it.
- Lastly, again try to print or save a file as a PDF to see if the issue is gone.
Solution 2: Modifying the TEMP folder permissions
Before applying the solutions, restart your system & then further move on to the solution.
Step 1: Changing the TEMP folder settings
- Open the Run window by pressing Windows & R keys or type RUN in the Start tab.
- Then, in the search box of the RUN window, type %TEMP% & hit Enter.
- Then, by right-clicking on the TEMP file, choose the Properties option from the list.
- Now, click on Security & check if the user names and groups are on Full Control.
- After the permissions are set on Full Control, save them as a PDF in QB.
Step 2: Testing if you are able to print to the XPS
- Open your Notepad & type Test.
- Then, choose the file & then click Print.
- Afterward, choose XPS Document Writer & then Print.
- Now, type a name for the file & keep it on the desktop.
- Then, from the desktop, view the XPS document you printed from Notepad earlier.
Solution 3: Make the PDF Viewer the default program
If you do not have a program installed as a default PDF viewer, you might possibly come across the QuickBooks PDF Missing Component error.
- Choose the Settings tab from the Windows Start menu promptly.
- Then, go and click on Default Apps & then choose Apps.
- Now, you will see a list & keep on scrolling until you find .PDF & choose it as a default program now
- Then, click on QuickBooks UTO Locate PDF Viewer or the PDF viewer you already have on the system.
- Lastly, choose the Switch Anyway option to complete the process.
We understand how the QuickBooks missing pdf component disrupts your work if the solutions do not rectify your issue. Call at 1.855.738.2784. As we know, this error message does not specify which element is missing & therefore creates many problems. Have a comprehensive chat with the support team to come to peace with the QB application.
Recommended To Read: How to resolve QuickBooks Error 1712