Are you stumbled on the QuickBooks Error 6143? If yes, do not panic. This error pops up when the users try to open their company files. Or this error can also come up when they perform any other operation on their company file. The foremost reason for this error to pop up is when there is damage in the company file. At the same time, there are other causes too that can also trigger this error. Read them in the following section. This blog will teach you some troubleshooting methods to rectify this error.
Call our support team on 1-855-856-0042 if you do not have enough time to read this blog. Speak to our support team and take their assistance in fixing the QuickBooks error 6143.
Reasons that can cause the QuickBooks company file error 6143
- Any corrupted entries in the Windows system files can trigger this error on your desktop.
- Check if your QuickBooks installation is incomplete, further leading to this error.
- Damaged Windows files can also cause the QuickBooks company file error 6143.
Recommended To Read : How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6010
How to troubleshoot the QuickBooks desktop error 6143 on your system?
You can follow these methods and perform them on your desktop to eliminate the QuickBooks desktop error 6143.
Method 1: Operate QuickBooks file doctor
- Find the location of the company data file.
- Be sure to follow all on-screen directions.
- When you’re done, agree to the terms.
- Complete the installation.
- Click on “Company File Issues.
- Tap on Check your file after selecting the company file.
- At last, tap the next button after entering your QuickBooks login information.
Method 2: End the QuickBooks processes
- Sign in using the administrator’s credentials.
- The task manager will pop up when you simultaneously press the Ctrl, Shift, and Esc keys.
- To view user processes for all users, choose the user tab.
- All QuickBooks-related tasks will end if you select the “end task” option.
You can implement the steps in the last method if the first two methods cannot help you fix this error.
Method 3: Clear the spaces in the company file name
- Right-click on the QuickBooks desktop icon and then hit on properties.
- Now pick the open file location option.
- Locate the company files folder in this folder and access it.
- To rename the file, right-click on it.
- Check if there are any spaces in the name of the company file.
- Access your QuickBooks and see if the error has been rectified now.
You can also consider renaming the .nd and .tlg files if you are still stuck with this error on your desktop.
By now, you must have easily eliminated the QuickBooks Error 6143 with the help of the fixes above. If you are still stuck with this error on your desktop, contact our experts by dialing 1-855-856-0042 . Talk to our experts and take their assistance in fixing this error from your desktop.
You May Read Also : How To Fix QuickBooks Error 40001
Related Search Terms: Error 6143 in QuickBooks, Intuit QB error code 6143, QuickBooks company file access error 6143, QuickBooks company file error 6143, QuickBooks error 6143 while opening company file