Measuring success is the best way to optimize the marketing process and the success of marketing campaigns in measurable quantities using key performance inducers.
Measurement is key to optimizing any process, and marketing campaigns are no exception. When you set and measure Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for your marketing campaigns, you can see what works and what doesn’t. You can then channel your marketing money towards the most effective campaigns for your marketing success. Here are some of the common KPIs you should measure for each of your campaigns, regardless of type, channel, or medium:
Return on investment (ROI)
Cost Per Win (Sale)
Cost per lead
We Believe The Following Seven Metrics are Your Best Marketing Success Indicators:
- Website traffic growth (KPI)
- A visitor to Lead Conversion Rate (KPI)
- Number of potential customers meeting sales requirements (KPI)
- Opportunities Created (or Pipeline Revenue) (KPI)
- New customers generated (business result)
- How are digital marketing metrics effectively measured for brand growth success? You’re probably thinking: of leads and sales.
- But it’s not just these types of conversions that define a successful marketing campaign!
Do you want more organic traffic to your website?
How about wider social media reach?
Or a higher email click-through rate?
These are all valid goals to strive for, and they are backed by insights that you can collect over time. As you will soon learn, there are several important digital marketing services to track and guide your campaigns, both in terms of sales conversions and brand awareness.
Branding requires a strategy to communicate who you are and why people should care.
It is marketing that will drive this brand strategy and how you raise awareness of your brand. Especially with digital marketing these days.
And all digital marketing campaigns can certainly be tracked using digital metrics. Hence, your branding efforts can be beneficial too!
Digital Marketing Metrics to Track
When it comes to measuring digital marketing success, there are endless metrics for digital marketing. Below are the most important ones that you need to consider. Not all of these digital marketing KPIs may be relevant to your specific business goals, but they are a starting point on the road to finding ROI (return on investment)! These points describe the website traffic metrics that are most important to digital marketing success. Is Google Analytics installed on your website? You will need this or something similar to keep track of this data type.
- Total Website Traffic
Because of this, regularly measuring website traffic metrics will provide you with a range of insights such as which campaigns are running and when.
- Tips for increasing traffic to your site:
- Optimize all pages of your site with relevant keywords
- Constantly post detailed content on your blog
- Promote your content on social media
- Create targeted ads on your landing page with an offer
- Traffic by Source
- This useful metric of website traffic sheds light on exactly where your website visitors are coming from.
- With the many marketing platforms available and the limited time to capitalize on them all, Traffic by Source is worth tracking.
- New Visitors and Returning Visitors
The value of this double metric is that it helps you determine how relevant your website’s content will be over time. Multiple visits can indicate that you are providing information that people feel is so valuable that they keep coming back.
Tips for increasing the number of new and returning visitors:
- Create and publish valuable blog content that can be found on search engines.
- Use Twitter to promote blog posts and add 1-2 relevant hashtags.
- Send your newsletter email to your subscribers after posting new content
Sessions are the number of visits to your website. Google specifically counts this in 30-minute increments, meaning it only runs this website traffic metric every half hour for each user.
Organic Search: These users clicked on a link in the search results that brought them to your website.