Many users struggle with QuickBooks missing pdf component error preventing them from printing pdf files. The application shows an error message stating QuickBooks cannot complete the current action due to a missing component pdf. However, it doesn’t specify which component, and therefore, the user is baffled about how to fix it.
In this blog, we have curated a list of reasons why QuickBooks detected that a component required to create pdf files is missing. After that, we will go through the selected troubleshooting methods to fix the error.
Are you struggling with the missing component error in QuickBooks? Allow our expert ProAdvisors to take care of such issues and resolve it for you. Dial TFN +1-(855)-955-1942.
Reasons For Missing PDF Component Error In QuickBooks?
If your QuickBooks states that it detected a missing component and cannot print PDF files, it could be because of a bunch of reasons like:
- Your Adobe Reader application might be damaged, corrupt or outdated
- Your QuickBooks application is outdated
- Microsoft XPS document is disabled in QuickBooks settings
After you have a better understanding of the causes of QuickBooks missing pdf component error, you can proceed to the troubleshooting steps.
QuickBooks Print & Preview Not Working? Know why and effective solutions!!
Troubleshooting Steps To Address QuickBooks Missing PDF Component Issue
If QuickBooks cannot complete the current action due to a missing component pdf, it can be resolved by troubleshooting QuickBooks Desktop and Adobe Reader. Therefore, follow these steps to run the important diagnosis and fix the pdf component issue right away.
- Update your QB Desktop with the Most Recent Updates
An outdated version of QuickBooks Desktop can be the reason for QuickBooks missing pdf component error. Therefore, update your QuickBooks to the most recent version.
You can do so inside the QuickBooks application or from a web browser.
Here’s how to update QuickBooks from your web browser:
- Navigate to the QuickBooks download and update page on the web.
- Now select the product and then select the QB version.
- Select Search and then Get the latest updates.
- When prompted, select save and let the download begin.
- Once done, select the downloaded file and carry out the installation.
You can also update QuickBooks Desktop from inside the application:
- Launch QuickBooks Desktop. Navigate to the File menu.
- Now, click on Close Company or Log Off and then exit.
- Now, go to the QuickBooks Desktop icon and right-click on it.
- Choose Run as an administrator, and enter a password if asked for.
- Once the application opens, go to the Help menu and choose Update Now.
- Now, restart QuickBooks and attempt the PDF download.
- Update Acrobat Reader Application
To resolve QuickBooks missing pdf component issue, you also need to fix the problems in Adobe Reader.
- Open the Start menu. Search for Adobe.
- Now, open the Help menu and Search for updates.
- Now, download and install Updates by following the instructions.
We have covered the troubleshooting steps to fix QuickBooks missing pdf component Windows 11, 10, or earlier. However, we recommend that you take the help of technical experts to simplify the resolution process. Dial our company helpline number at TFN +1-(855)-955-1942 and connect with the QB ProAdvisors right away!