There are certain functions in QB that need proper admin privileges to run. To run QuickBooks correctly, you need to access your Windows admin user account; otherwise, you might be getting the QuickBooks Administrator Permissions Needed message on the screen. This issue can arise due to common causes, like a damaged admin account, and the QuickBooks required admin permissions error can be tackled by using the solutions given below.
In case you are unable to run QuickBooks as an admin and are not able to follow the resolution steps correctly, you can reach out to our QB professionals at 1-855-856-0042 to get immediate help with the issue.
Common Reasons & Factors Leading to the QuickBooks Windows Administrator Required Message
You might be getting the QuickBooks only runs as administrator issue due to the main causes & triggers mentioned below –
- You are trying to access QuickBooks by using an admin user account, which is damaged, corrupted, or broken.
- Your current user account does not have admin privileges to perform the specific functions in QB Desktop.
- The QuickBooks database server manager is not running correctly in the app, and the service might be inactive, unresponsive, or missing from the system.
- Your QuickBooks Desktop application might not be running correctly, and the application might be old, outdated, or obsolete, which is leading to compatibility issues while running the functions.
How to Successfully Deal with the QuickBooks is Asking for Admin Password Error?
Unable to run QuickBooks administrator permissions required message can be easily addressed by using the detailed solutions given below –
Step 1 – Create an Admin Account from the User Accounts Section to Run QB Desktop
You can easily dismiss QuickBooks says need administrator’s permissions message by creating an admin account in the following manner –
- Restart Windows and log in with your admin account, and open the Windows Start menu to hit the User Accounts option.
- From the appeared list, select User Accounts and hit the Manage Another Account option to choose the user account that needs admin rights.
- Select Manage Accounts and enter your admin password from the Users for this Computer section to select the Account Name and hit the Properties tab.
- Select Admin Group and hit OK to save the changes, followed by rerunning QB with your admin credentials.
Recommended To Read : How To Fix Intuit Data Protect Backup Failed
Step 2 – Restart the Database Service from the Run Window to Edit the Startup Type
You can fix the admin account issues in QB by restarting the database server manager in the following manner –
- Run the services.msc command from the Run window to hit the QBDB26 to 28 options from the services list, and right-click the service to select the Properties tab.
- From the General menu, select the Startup Type drop-down menu to choose the Automatic option, and hit Apply & OK.
If you are getting the QuickBooks Admin Permissions Needed message, you can use the solutions given above the remove the issues. In case you are still unable to perform the QB functions, you can reach out to our QB professionals at 1-855-856-0042 to get direct help with the matter.
You May Read Also : How To Fix ‘QuickBooks Event ID 4
View your news on Google News or contact our team